Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Vietnamese Mayonnaise

Have you ever tried the Vietnamese breadrolls (banh mi) from the Asian bakery?
I have always loved the creamy mayonnaise that they slop on freshly baked bread. 
Recently, mum asked me if I could make some for her with the TM. I've never tried to before, but wanted to help her out. So I tried making a small batch in case it didn't turn out well... turns out that I should have made more because it turned out delicious :)!! 
I will never be buying mayonnaise again...




Ingredients

  • 2 Egg yolk
  • 1/2 cup oil (canola or corn)
  • 1 tbs vinegar (or fresh lemon juice)
  • Pinch of Salt
  • For variations, you can add seasonings such as mustard, garlic, chipotle, ginger, sesame oil etc (optional)

Method
  1. Using the butterfly attachment (on top of the blade), add in egg yolk, lemon juice, salt and Mix 20sec/speed 4
  2. Remove the butterfly and whip On speed 5, slowly adding the oil on top of the measuring cup of the thermomix. Once you can hear the mayonnaise thickens up, you can add oil in a bit faster – will take approx. 2-3mins
That's how easy it is! This amount only makes a small amount which is enough for my family. Can easily be made into bigger batches. Lasts up to 3 weeks in the fridge

No comments:

Post a Comment