Monday, May 6, 2013

Salted Caramel sauce

My hubby was watching Better Homes and Garden on tele the other night and saw them making Salted Caramel Popcorns. He looked at me and smiled... "do you think you could make me some? :)" 
I've seen my sister make this over a stove and hated the idea of stirring and waiting over the stove - then the cleaning up afterwards... but I found a thermomix recipe for it and tweaked it a little. I am now a huge fan as it is so quick to make, it also is so easy to clean as the mix is thin when made and thickens when cooled! I make these in a batch to store in the fridge so I not only had enough for his popcorn and icecream, I even sandwiched them into some  MacaronsYumm...

Ingredients
  • 210g raw (or brown) sugar
  • 20g water
  • 150g pure cream
  • 150g unsalted butter 
  • 3 pinches of sea salt (if using salted butter, omit this)
  • few dashes of vanilla extract
Method
  1. Add all ingredients to TM and cook 16min/Varoma/sp3
  2. Pour into a jar. The mixture will thicken as it cools
Salted Caramel Macarons

No comments:

Post a Comment