Sunday, April 21, 2013

Peanut Butter

I've grown up loving Peanut Butter on my bread. PB with banana and honey, PB with cheese, PB with jam... yum!! My sister and I used to make it as after school snacks and even for lunch at work. Up until a few years ago, my sister discovered that Kraft Peanut Butter contained ingredients that are cancer causing (Crazy right? Just Google it!). She contacted the company to inform them of her discovery only to receive a reply saying that the limit they put in their product is less that the Aus safety standards. Well... no thank you! I'd rather have none than less! So would you if you knew how easy and healthy Peanut Butter is to make with a TM!! You only need TWO ingredients (compare that to the ingredients at the back of your peanut butter label from the shops) - no additives, preservatives or colouring.
I like to make up a jar and keep it in the fridge. I also use it to make satay sauce too.

Ingredients
  • 200g peanuts (salted or unsalted - depends on you)
  • 2 tbsp peanut oil (or sunflower oil)
Method
  1. Place nuts into TM and mix for 10 sec/speed 6. Use spatula to push nuts towards blades - If you want a smooth peanut butter, continue mixing until nuts are powdered. I like mine crunchy
  2. Add oil. Mix for 10 sec/speed 6 using the spatula to assist in blending nut paste and oil. Add more oil if required
  3. Scrape down the sides and continue to mix for another 10 sec/speed 6
  4. Place peanut butter in jar and store in a cool dry place. Should last 2-3 weeks in the fridge
Variations
You can make other butters by replacing peanuts with almonds or other nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment