Friday, April 12, 2013

Avocado Pound cake

Avos are so delicious and good for you! Because it's avo season now, I buy them by the kilos whenever I go to the markets. Apart from making an avo milkshake every morning in my magic bullet, I add them on my toast and in dips. Here's another great recipe for avo fans, I'm still experimenting with this recipe and as I didn't write the measurements out when I made this, I've forgotten the recipe, here's what I think I've put in. I'll have to make it again to make sure, but here it is for those who can't wait until I've confirmed it:

Ingredients
  • 310g plain flour
  • 50g corn starch 
  • 4 tsp baking powder
  • 80g almond meal
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 50ml olive oil (or butter)
  • 180g sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 ripe avocados
  • 125g milk
  • splash of lime juice (optional)
Method
  1. Preheat the oven to 170°C and line a bread tin with baking paper. 
  2. Blend the wet ingredients (avocados, oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla and milk until smooth)
  3. Mix the dry ingredients to the wet and blend until smooth. Pour the batter into a bread tin
  4. Bake for about 55 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Serve with butter - yum!
The mixture doesn't lose it's colour after baking

I'll use a bigger bread tin next time :p

Avo fans will love this unique taste!


No comments:

Post a Comment